Using a professional painting contractor takes the stress out of painting your home. But finding the right one is an important decision that requires careful consideration.
Use the following tips to hire the right professional for any painting project:
Interview Each Candidate
Always ask contractors the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have the proper/required licenses? (This varies by state, and some states may not require licensing.)
- Do you have insurance and bonding? (This helps determine whether your contractor and any hired workers are insured for injury and liability.)
- Are you a member of any national or local painting contractors' associations?
- Do you subcontract your work or perform it yourself?
- Can you provide references?
- Do you offer written guarantees of your work?
- What products do you use?
Be Specific About the Project
It's a good idea to walk each potential contractor around the areas (indoor or outdoor) to be painted while discussing your needs, and particularly any aspects of the project that could affect the price. Be specific about which surfaces you want to have painted (walls, trims, moldings, ceilings, etc.) and the paint colors and finishes you want used.
Pay Attention to Behavior
As you meet with each contractor, pay attention to the following signs and behaviors:
- Does the contractor project a sense of professionalism and experience?
- Is the contractor courteous and business-like?
- Is the contractor busy? (Good ones usually are.)
- Does the contractor return phone calls and provide estimates in a timely manner?
- Is the contractor on time for appointments?
Review the Contract
Once you've settled on a contractor, ask for a written contract and review it carefully. As a consumer, you have the right to ask detailed questions about any issues you need clarified. In particular, be sure to verify the following:
- What exactly is being painted (house, trim, walls, molding, etc.)
- Details on preparation and cleanup
- Paint colors for each area to be painted
- How the contractor will protect plants, patios, furniture, or other items
- How much time the project will take, from start to finish
- When and how the contractor will be paid
Paramount Painters Guarantee
- Full exterior painting
- Pressure washing & cleaning
- Wood staining and finishing
- Carpentry & stucco repairs
- and much more
Have a room that's crying for a facelift, but you
aren't sure where to begin? Interior painting isn't limited to just the walls.
While any room in your home may appear uninteresting and made of plain old
walls, it takes just a little imagination to bring it back to life.
That's because walls are only one aspect of a room—ceilings, doors and trim can also help re-energize your living room, bedroom, or any other space. Choosing Paramount Painters as your service provider will bring color and life into your home or business.
- Interior walls and ceilings
- All trim, moldings, doors & windows
- Drywall & plaster repair
- Wood staining & finishing
- Light carpentry
Paramount Painters Paint-For-A-Day™ program is the perfect solution when you have a small painting project. Our Paint-For-A-Day™ includes 8 hours of labor by an expert painter, as well as all necessary paint sundries, tools, and equipment. Our professional painters can:
- Touch up your trim or mouldings
- Change the color of one or two small rooms (bathroom, bedroom, home office…)
- Add an accent wall to your living or dining room
- Pressure wash your home exterior